[News] Genealogy Applications for GNU/Linux Listed, GNOME Shell, ChatZilla...

6 of the Best Free Linux Family History Software

,----[ Quote ]
| Now, let's explore the 6 genealogy software at hand. For each title we have
| compiled its own portal page, providing a screenshot of the software in
| action, a full description with an in-depth analysis of its features,
| together with links to relevant resources and reviews.
`----

http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20090826141137344/FamilyHistory.html

A New Development Release Of GNOME Shell

,----[ Quote ]
| GNOME 3.0 will not be rolling out until the first half of 2010, but work is
| already underway on this major GNOME update that is the first to bring some
| radical changes in a long time. One of the major components of GNOME 3.0 is
| the GNOME Shell. The GNOME Shell will begin handling some of the
| responsibilities that previously was done by the window manager and GNOME
| Panel in GNOME 2.xx while offering a modern graphics experience.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzQ5Mg

ChatZilla: Powerful IRC Client for Firefox

,----[ Quote ]
| ChatZilla is an IRC client built as a Firefox add-on and providing enough
| features to use it just like any other standalone IRC client. ChatZilla will
| fit best as an IRC client when you don't want to use a separate application
| for getting on IRC.
`----

http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2009/08/chatzilla-powerful-irc-client-for.html

Recent:

GRAMPS: Open Source Genealogy

,----[ Quote ]
| Iâve been working on it for a couple of years now, and I just love this
| program, GRAMPS. GRAMPS stands for âGenealogical Research & Analysis
| Management Programming System.â Thatâs a mouthful, though, so itâs GRAMPS.
| GRAMPS is available for Linux, Windows, OSX, BSD, and Solaris, but the Linux
| versions are generally the most up-to-date. If youâre using one of the other
| OSes, there is a live CD available.
`----

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/gramps-open-source-genealogy/

Related:

Free/Open-source Genealogy Software

,----[ Quote ]
| There are few known Genealogy Software with free/open-source license. Here
| are some of them:
|
| GRAMPS
|
| [...]
|
| GeneWeb