[News] Red Hat Targets Fog Computing and Sub-notebooks

'Grid computing Red Hat' lands elephant on VMware cloud

,----[ Quote ]
| Cloudera - the star-studded Silicon Valley startup that commercialized the
| epic number crunching of the open source Hadoop project - is now offering a
| version of its stuffed elephant distro for use on VMWare's imminent vCloud.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/08/31/cloudera_hadoop_on_vmware_vcloud/

Fedora looking to target Netbooks?

,----[ Quote ]
| Iâm assuming that the x86-64 version of the distro will continue with the
| same optimizations as past releases.
`----

http://jaysonrowe.com/2009/08/28/fedora-looking-to-target-netbooks/

Recent:

5 Common Questions About Hadoop

,----[ Quote ]
| Thereâs been a lot of buzz about Hadoop lately. Just the other day, some of
| our friends at Yahoo! reclaimed the terasort record from Google using Hadoop,
| and the folks at Facebook let on that they ingest 15 terabytes a day into
| their 2.5 petabyte Hadoop-powered data warehouse.
|
| [...]
|
| Hadoop uses commodity hardware, so every month, your costs decrease or
| provide more capacity for the same price point. You probably have a vendor
| you like, and they probably sell a dual quad-core (8 cores total) machine
| with 4 1TB SATA disks (you specifically donât want RAID).
`----

http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2009/05/14/5-common-questions-about-hadoop/

The dawn of a new Cloudera

,----[ Quote ]