[News] Video from the Vista7sins Campaign

Teaser video from the Windows7sins event

http://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/windows7sins-teaser-video

Recent:

Free Software Foundation Trashes "Sinful" Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
| Holmes Wilson, Campaigns Manager for the FSF, expounded on the chilling
| effect of proprietary software on education. "The fundamental role of schools
| is to encourage a level of curiosity and inquisitiveness and exploration in
| students that cultivates an engagement with the world, and with ideas. When
| you're using computers in the classroom that are running proprietary
| software, there's this barrier there that prevents students from
| understanding the machine they're using. It is a real, in some ways, an
| affront, to the natural inquisitiveness of any student. If somebody gets into
| computers, but then they can't dig into the computer that they're actually
| using there in the classroom, that's stifling a level of... That's stifling a
| desire to learn, that really, schools should be encouraging."
`----

http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/872

OLPC will make children Microserfs: FSF

,----[ Quote ]
| The Free Software Foundation has described the One Laptop per Child Project
| as one that will only help to "turn millions of children into Microsoft
| dependents."
|
| [...]
|
| It said, due to this dramatic change of policy, many FOSS volunteers quit in
| disgust.
|
| "But Negroponte, desiring the financial support of Bill Gates and Microsoft,
| ignored them and proceeded with his decision. As a result, it is expected
| that the main effect of the OLPC project - if it succeeds - will be to turn
| millions of children into Microsoft dependents.
|
| "That is a negative effect, to the point where the world would be better off
| if the OLPC project had never existed. The project tragically became yet
| another example of Microsoft exerting its control to ends harmful to
| society's freedom," the FSF said.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/27317/1090/

Negative campaign, positive campaign: Windows 7 Sins vs get GNU/Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| This criticism is mostly right, but not fully. Free software born in
| opposition to the abuses of proprietary software, it is reasonable to speak
| against its defects that we want to solve. We could speak, thought, of the
| adaptability of free software and others advantages not directly related with
| proprietary defects.
`----

http://asqueados.campanilla.net/wp/?p=199

7 reasons I choose Linux over Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
| Many have marked the 22nd of October on their calendars,but they seem to have
| forgotten the presence of the penguin.Mind you my friend the penguin is
| everywhere.Here are some of the Linux distributions releasing around that
| date
|
| Ubuntu Karmic : October 29th
|
| Fedora 12 : November 3rd
|
| OpenSuse 11.2 : November 12th
`----

http://www.abhishekrane.com/2009/08/23/7-reasons-i-choose-linux-over-windows-7/

Linux vs Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
| And this is where Linux can make a big difference. There's nothing in Windows
| 7 that Linux can't do, and in most cases, do it better. Our machines are
| quicker and more efficient. Our desktops are more innovative and less static.
| Our apps are more powerful, cheaper and less partisan, and Linux security has
| never been better. But best of all, we have complete control over the future
| of Linux, and it's success or failure at the hands of Windows 7 is in our
| hands.
`----

http://www.tuxradar.com/content/linux-vs-windows-7

Seven things Windows 7 can learn from Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.techworld.com.au/node/315257