[News] [Rival] Another Epic Fail for Vista SP2 (Not Vista 7)

Vista SP2 Fails to Install on Intel x64 Multiple CPUs/Multi-Core CPUs

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is letting users fend for themselves when Windows Vista Service
| Pack 2 fails to install on computers running multiple 64-bit Intel processors
| or a 64-bit Intel multi-core processor, at least for the time being. The
| Redmond company informed that attempting to deploy the second service pack
| for Vista or for Windows Server 2008 on top of computers featuring Intel x64
| multiple CPUs or multi-Core CPUs results in the following stop error: Stop
| 0x0000003E. An update was available, designed to resolve the problem, but it
| was pulled down, because it too caused Vista SP2 to crash with a stop error.
| Microsoft failed to offer any details on the Intel processors affected.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Vista-SP2-Fails-to-Install-on-Intel-x64-Multiple-CPUs-Multi-Core-CPUs-120300.shtml

Windows Users - The Charlie Browns of Computing

,----[ Quote ]
| Every one of those computers have one thing in common...they don't run
| Microsoft Windows.
|
| They run Linux.
|
| An operating system born from the free spirit of tens of thousands of
| programmers and contributors all around the globe. Global Enterprises such as
| RedHat, Suse and Canonical also pay their developers to give us free
| software. Linux is created by the will of a global community. Many of them
| are unpaid, doing this work so you CAN have choice in how you operate your
| computer.
|
| But it's not just John and Jane Computer User that can benefit from Linux.
`----

http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2009/08/windows-users-charlie-browns-of.html

Related:

Windows 7: R.I.P.