[News] Review of OpenGEU 8.10 (Ubuntu Linux + Enlightenment)

OpenGEU 8.10 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Since my switch from Windows to Linux I have settled on 1 distribution,
| OpenGEU 8.10. I'm not much of a distro hopper even though I do have Ubuntu
| Studio 9.04 installed on a different partition, it doesn't get much play.
| It's there because recently I wanted to see if I was missing out on anything.
| And so far I don't feel like I am.
|
| [...]
|
| All that said, OpenGEU 8.10 is not only fast and beautiful, but despite the
| use of E17 is very stable as well. My goal was to be as detailed as possible
| in reviewing it as to expose as many hidden surprises as possible as there
| often is when using code still in development. All in an effort to facilitate
| those that have been putting off trying E17 again due to growing pains early
| on, make the decision weather or not is worth trying again.
`----

http://racerraul.blogspot.com/2009/08/opengeu-810-review.html

Migrating a live system from ext3 to ext4 filesystem

http://www.debian-administration.org/article/Migrating_a_live_system_from_ext3_to_ext4_filesystem

Recent:

First Look: OpenGEU 8.10

,----[ Quote ]
| Another week, another First Look and yet another Enlightenment-using
| distribution came knocking at our doors. It's OpenGEU this time around and it
| has reached version 8.10, beautifully codenamed Luna Serena. If my memory is
| correct, OpenGEU (actually Geubuntu, its ex-name) was my first encounter with
| the Enlightenment window manager and, though I couldn't get used to it,
| I was quite impressed overall.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/First-Look-OpenGEU-8-10-107134.shtml

Testing OpenGEU 8.04 Beta

,----[ Quote ]
| Ever since the release of OpenGEU 8.04 Beta a few days ago, I felt I needed
| to see for myself what it brought new and to take a closer look at the
| praised E17 Desktop shell. Combining the power and flexibility of Ubuntu and
| Gnome with the beauty of E17, OpenGEU 0.04 (Luna Crescente) aims to make the
| step forward in developing a user-friendly system.
|
| As Luca De Marini, the designer behind OpenGEU said, this release is somehow
| not quite appropriate in timing with the new Ubuntu being so close to the
| release date, but it's nevertheless a great OS to reside on anyone's
| computer. With these words from the OpenGEU team, I began installing it one
| of our computers, here at the Softpedia Labs, my expectations being very
| high, as also was my trust in a great release.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Testing-OpenGEU-8-04-Beta-92148.shtml

Review: OpenGEU 8.04 'Luna Crescente' Beta Live CD

,----[ Quote ]
| WHEN I decided to try the OpenGEU Linux distribution, I had little experience
| of its Enlightenment window manager.
| I had played around with Elive, the Debian-based live CD featuring
| Enlightenment, in the past but had never spent any time getting to know and
| understand this elegant-looking WM.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2008/08/review-opengeu-804-luna-crescente-beta.html

Related:

OpenGEU - A new distro with a new name and a new look for Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| I am honestly pleased to give this package a complete 5 Pennie review. I can
| clearly state that this is everything is a distro I want, with little given
| way of the politics for the day with removing the codecs and having to change
| the name. I didn't really like Geubuntu because the Ge confuses the reality
| of the day. Eubuntu was already out there, designed as an education bundle so
| how do you communicate what is under the hood? Â Â
`----

http://knolinux.com/2008/01/22/opengeu.aspx

openGEU - sunny Ubuntu - Overview & short tutorial

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/opengeu_overview.html