[News] Sun Adds Openness to Blogs Using New Licensing Move

Mine, all mine (& theirs too)

,----[ Quote ]
| The new license was rolled out today, to accompany the handy new function to
| export all blog content for use with (for example) WordPress. From now on,
| every Sun blogger has (if they choose to accept the new license) a clear,
| documented set of rights to their blogging content. Huge thanks to the team
| of people that made it happen, especially my favourite lawyer, Tiki Dare, who
| completely "gets" this stuff and without whose quiet and largely unsung help
| the open source community would be much the poorer.
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/webmink/entry/mine_all_mine_theirs_too

Recent:

Oracle To Buy Sun: Great News For Linux, Java, and Open Office. Bad News for
IBM.

http://daveshields.wordpress.com/2009/04/20/oracle-to-buy-sun-great-news-for-linux-java-and-open-office-bad-news-for-ibm/

Oracle+Sun: Good News or Bad News for Open Source?

,----[ Quote ]
| Moreover, this development would fit nicely with the increasing number of
| Android developments in new contexts â netbooks, consumer devices etc. As a
| result of all this interest from across the computing spectrum, Android is
| going to become much hotter, and that will drive even faster innovation,
| development and uptake in this area. Bad news for the other Linux-based
| mobile platforms perhaps, and certainly bad news for people like Symbian and
| Microsoft.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?blogid=14&entryid=2114

Oracle Buys Sun: It's Official