Re: [News] "Windows 7" Just an Improved Vista

Terry Porter wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Sep 2009 17:29:29 +0200, Marti van Lin wrote:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Free Software Foundation cites Windows 7 'sins'
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> was | Vista with an improved version of Vista (Windows 7). Maybe itâs
>>> time the FSF | reminded the public how they seem to allow themselves to
>>> get the shaft from a | company that should be able to get an operating
>>> system right the first time | around.
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/opensource/?p=893
>> Windows 7 is most certainly nothing but a "service pack" to Windows
>> Vista.
>>
>> I have tested it on bare metal and wouldn't even recommend it to my
>> worst enemy.
>>
>> Like I wrote before: the Alpha 4 release of Kubuntu beats the Release
>> Candidate of Widows 7 by far.
>>
>> The hardware recognition of Windows 7 is a complete and utter Horror.
>> Not even Stephen King, could come up with such a Horror.
>>
>> Windows 7 is the worst junk I've ever seen.
>>
>> Incredible!
>
> I just knew Windows7 would turn out to be a sad joke, the last gasp of a
> company, with a proven record of making junk.

I'm afraid, the majority doesn't get it. Microsoft will keep on screwing
 their customers with more junk and the Astroturfers will gladly
advocate the junk.

> However I think the Windows 7 *hype* is surely the best Microsoft product
> so far ?

Indeed it is. Vista was such a failure that they had to come up with
something "new" which in fact is only a over hyped service pack and a
new (badly done) paintjob.

> I don't know about you Marti, but I rekon the Windows 7 hype is just so
> much better than the Windows Vista hype ?

That's a bit disappointing Terry. I am a honest computer hobbyist, who
started in 1983 on a MSX2 home computer. In 1999 I however came to the
conclusion that Microsoft was lying, because that is when I started
using GNU/Linux.

I ran GNU/Linux and Microsoft dual boot systems for quite some time, but
in 2002 I moved to GNU/Linux single boot systems.

I gave Windows XP, Vista and even the release candidate of Windows 7 a
fair chance on bare metal and came to the conclusion that it is utter
junk, compared to _any_ GNU/Linux distribution.

> I'm sure it is more efficient, and better designed, as a result of
> Microsoft throwing in every resource they could muster, and money was no
> impediment to their huge efforts.

I'm sure it is the worst piece of junk ever :-p

> Yes, I think that Microsoft is to be congratulated on a superior product,
> the "Windows 7 hype".

I fully agree Terry, it's nothing but a worthless hype. Glad to see this
incredible hype is not Dutch only ;-)

Cheers mate!

--
|_|0|_| Marti van Lin