[News] List of Free Games for GNU/Linux and General Download Advice

5 Great opensource games for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Here are 5 Nice opensource games for Linux , I installed the games on ubuntu
| and they did work fine, I liked more Supertux perhaps because  is similar to
| super mario bros one my favorite games, the rest of the games are nice ones
| also with nice music and good graphics, in general nice ones to play them in
| your free time, I advise you to try them and don`t forget to share with us
| your opinion about thee games.
`----

http://www.unixmen.com/linux-tutorials/348-5-great-opensource-games-for-linux

Ultimate Download Management guide for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| When I got started with Linux, The one thing I couldnât find was good
| download managers. but today we have plenty of them, in fact what we have on
| Linux is simply better than Adware/Shareware download managers on Windows.
|
| Downloading in Linux is not limited to using Wget, KDE KGet or Gwget or cURL
| now..
|
| In this guide, Iâm going to tell you the various ways for good and reliable
| download management on Linux, for every type of download you can ever do.
`----

http://penguininside.blogspot.com/2009/09/ultimate-download-management-guide-for.html

Recent:

Warsow Update Delivers New Maps & More

,----[ Quote ]
| While most open-source games still lack the graphics quality and features
| that the latest proprietary game engines support within retail games that are
| backed by the large studios, their quality has been improving as with their
| artwork and other characteristics. As an example of this, Warsow 0.5 made it
| out this week with a horde of new features and improvements.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzQ5MQ

Articles : Warsow 0.5 released

,----[ Quote ]
| Recently a new version of Warsow, the e-Sports oriented FPS has been
| released. Improvements since the previous versions include:
|
| Â Â * Weapon settings, armor settings and movement system have been tweaked
| Â Â and revised
`----

http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2602

Games : Warsow - call for demos

,----[ Quote ]
| Version 0.5 of the eSports oriented FPS is soon to be released, but for that
| the Warsow team is looking for in game scenes for a promotion trailer, as
| they state in an article on their website.
`----

http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2582

Related:

Games : Warsow 0.4 released