[News] People Behind FSFE Introduced, SFLC Hosts Python Software Foundation Man

The human face of the FSFE

,----[ Quote ]
| There is an interview series with Fellows â SmÃri McCarthy, Timo Jyrinki,
| Myriam Schweingruber are the last three â that illustrates really well the
| range of people involved in Free Software across Europe.
|
| [...]
|
| Anyway, the human face of FSFE: the fellows. See the Berlin group on the 10th
| of September, Wien or Helsinki or one of the other groups â or start one up
| yourself. Heck, Iâm going to have to arrange something in the Netherlands
| now. How does October 28th sound?
`----

http://blogs.fsfe.org/adridg/?p=282

Episode 0x15: Steve Holden of the Python Software Foundation

,----[ Quote ]
| # Steve has been using Python since version 1.5, which was released in 1998.
| (08:15)
| # Steve was previously the chairman of Sun UK User Group, and was also
| involved with DECUS. (10:40)
`----

http://www.softwarefreedom.org/podcast/2009/sep/01/0x15/

Lets work together.

,----[ Quote ]
| Lets make our diversity in the GNU/Linux community a positive point and work
| together to promote GNU/Linux as a whole. It is an excellent concept that
| keeps growing and flourishing. Tolerance of each other and acceptance of new
| users is essential. Peace, love and Linux.
`----

http://www.idreamoflinux.com/2009/09/lets-work-together.html

Recent:

EU browser case: FSFE says details of settlement will be crucial

,----[ Quote ]
| Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) congratulates the European Commission
| on its firm stance in the antitrust investigation against Microsoft, which
| has led the company to offer a settlement. For any such settlement, getting
| the details right will be crucial for competition and innovation in the web
| browser market.
|
| "To ensure genuine consumer choice, the ballot screen must be made available
| to Microsoft Windows users around the world, not just in Europe", says
| Karsten Gerloff, President of FSFE. "The company is upholding its dominance
| thanks to
| the network effects created by its illegal practice of bundling Internet
| Explorer with Windows operating systems in all markets where it sells its
| software. In a globally interconnected market, remedies must be global."
`----

http://fsfe.org/news/2009/news-20090728-01.html

FSFE submission to European Patent Office

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://fsfe.org/projects/swpat/epo-response-042009.html