[News] Microsoft Publication Praises GNU/Linux for Immaculate Support

Linux grows up

,----[ Quote ]
| During my vacation last week I decided to take a look at Ubuntu's latest
| Linux offering and I was pleasantly surprised. I'm happy to say that Linux,
| as a desktop, has truly grown up. Out of the box I had audio, video, and
| wireless Internet support without any trouble whatsoever. It had an intuitive
| and user-friendly interface, something necessary to catch the attention of
| non-technically savvy users. Additionally, the installation was a breeze.
| This wasn't always the case and I finally felt Linux was a real option for
| the user desktop.
`----

http://caps.fool.com/Blogs/ViewPost.aspx?bpid=252391&t=01006496361187756745

Recent:

More reasons to love Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu is running beautifully, all of my files are where I want them, I have
| no DLLs to worry about, and itâs smooth sailing. And it looks as good as
| ever, too.
`----

http://nostarch.com/blog/?p=282

Why I Use Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Speaking of pricing, that leads me to my final point of this article. Just
| why do so many people pay a hundred or two dollars for Microsoft to hassle
| them? Is the product really that worth it? Most Linux distributions are free
| and even the ones that arenât generally cost only a fraction of what
| Microsoft charges. There is no activation routine either. You buy it or
| download it, and you use it at your leisure. Sure, Linux may not run every
| application that Windows does, but there are amazing Linux apps that havenât
| been ported to Windows either.
`----

http://www.itnewstoday.com/?p=479

Linux Live CDs: Why I love them.

,----[ Quote ]
| So what did we learn? Linux is a very versatile operating system that can run
| on just about any hardware, with any configuration. Most importantly, GO GET
| THE LIVE CD. It will save your ass someday and you will be glad that you
| burned that disc.
`----

http://incommandnotcontrol.wordpress.com/2009/05/10/linux-live-cds-why-i-love-them/

Why I chose GNU/Linux