[News] Free Software a Kind of Hosters

Integration Watch: Open-source hosts with the most

,----[ Quote ]
| At the top of the list is the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) at apache.org.
| It hosts only a few projects, but ones that matter and that frequently have a
| large following. In my recent interview with ASF president Justin Erenkrantz,
| he stated, âFor a project to apply, it generally requires three active,
| regular contributors.â Even if it qualifies on that score, it must still go
| through an incubation and review phase before it becomes a fully accepted
| project. In exchange, the ASF provides hosting, a legal framework,
| considerable exposure and undeniable cachet.
`----

http://www.sdtimes.com/INTEGRATION_WATCH_OPEN_SOURCE_HOSTS_WITH_THE_MOST/By_ANDREW_BINSTOCK/About_OPENSOURCE/33732

Intalio Acquires Webtide, Developer of the Jetty Application Server

,----[ Quote ]
| Intalio, Inc., The Enterprise Cloud Company, today announced the acquisition
| of Webtide, the team behind the Jetty open source Java application server.
`----

http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayReleaseContent.aspx?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/09-01-2009/0005086396&EDATE=

Recent:

OpenGoo: An Open Source Answer To Google Apps

,----[ Quote ]
| What's not to like about Google Apps? It has a ton of features, it's
| incredibly easy to collaborate with other people, and it's free. Well, how
| about the fact that your data is only as accessible as Google decides to make
| it? If you're looking for the usefulness of a Web-based collection of office
| apps but want complete control over your data, OpenGoo might be just the
| answer you're looking for.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/opengoo-an-open-source-answer-to-google-apps

Related:

OpenGoo delivers the best of CRM and project management

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenGoo is a useful app for organizations that lay emphasis on document
| distribution and version control. Its developers don't consider it quite
| ready for real-world deployment, but the app still impresses with its useful
| CRM and project management functions. Any organization looking to cut down IT
| costs or grappling with document distribution ought to give OpenGoo a look.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/148751

OpenGoo: A Free, Open Source Productivity Suite

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://webworkerdaily.com/2008/12/29/opengoo-a-free-open-source-productivity-suite/