[News] Introductions to and Reviews of GNU/Linux Music Players

Open Source Karaoke Game Hits the Right Notes

,----[ Quote ]
| Performous isn't just an app that displays song lyrics, it's actually a
| teaching tool that can help you improve your singing voice. It helps correct
| your pitch (even in very noisy environments), displays musical notes onscreen
| as you warble, and awards you performance points for hitting all the right
| notes (octaves don't count).
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/open-source-karaoke-game-hits-the-right-notes

Simple, Fast, and Geeky Console-based Audio Players for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| To those of you who are new to Linux, you may not know that you can use the
| shell terminal to do some fun stuff like play games, watch Star Wars, and
| even browse the web. You can even blast your favorite music with it, which I
| will be showing you how.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2009/09/simple-fast-and-geeky-console-based.html

Amarok 2.2 â Reloaded, revamped, rethinked, reeverything!

,----[ Quote ]
| Also, thanks to the new tagging/indexing system that the amarokers developed,
| each song has its own unique identifier inside the tag, so if you move your
| music around, amarok WILL recognize it and hunt it down.
`----

http://padoca.wordpress.com/2009/09/01/amarok-2-2-reloaded-revamped-rethinked-reeverything/

Recent:

Amarok 2.1 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| The enhanced plasmoid feature in the 2.1 version shows the favorite and
| current track ad unlike the earlier versions the plasmoids are united into a
| single folder and lets you choose or switch with the new taskbar provided in
| the lower central window.
|
| A new services plasmoid is another addition.
| Both manual and automatic bookmarking is enabled in the amarok 2.1 version.
| The player automatically bookmarks a track played continuously for more than
| 10 minutes and resumes playing from the position when back.
`----

http://osrevolution.com/os-software/amarok-2-1-review

Amarok 2.2 development, one week in

,----[ Quote ]