[News] GNU/Linux-only Shop Makes More GNU/Linux Switchers

ZaReason's New Linux Netbook, How to Thrive in a Tough Market

,----[ Quote ]
| Cathy and Earl Malmrose founded ZaReason several years ago. ZaReason is a
| Linux OEM that has long intrigued me for a number of reasons: they encourage
| customers to open their boxes and tinker, they specialize in OEM Linux boxes,
| and they demonstrate that there is still room for independent shops in the
| rough-and-tumble world of computer retailing. In many ways the independents
| out-perform the big businesses as they understand Linux and Linux users, and
| a Linux-only shop doesn't have to contend with the pressures and restrictions
| that Microsoft puts on its partners.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/6839/1/

25 tips to make the switch to Linux easy

,----[ Quote ]
| If you are still in doubt if it's wise to switch from Windows to Linux, you
| should have a look at the recently published list with "25 Linux tips for
| Windows switchers"
`----

http://www.itrunsonlinux.com/news/90-25-tips-to-make-the-switch-to-linux-easy

Recent:

ZaReason Launches Ubuntu Linux Netbook

,----[ Quote ]
| Itâs official. ZaReason is launching an Ubuntu Linux netbook called the Terra
| A20, confirms CTO Earl Malmrose.
`----

http://www.workswithu.com/2009/08/12/zareason-launches-ubuntu-linux-netbook/

ZaReason Ion Breeze 3770

,----[ Quote ]
| While this is the first NVIDIA ION nettop that we have tested under Linux
| (along with being the first ZaReason system we have reviewed), we were left
| being quite pleased with the Ion Breeze 3770. When using the proprietary
| Linux driver from NVIDIA, the GeForce 9400M GPU works great with an Intel
| Atom processor and delivers excellent video playback capabilities and is able
| to even run some games. Aside from faster graphics, when factoring out the
| other hardware differences with today's tests, the NVIDIA MCP79 performs
| about the same as the Intel 945 with ICH7 Southbridge.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=zareason_ion_breeze&num=1

ZaReason Readies Ubuntu 9.04 PCs, Servers

,----[ Quote ]
| On the server front, ZaReason launched its first rack-mount Ubuntu servers in
| March, and Malmrose says ZaReason will be growing that product line
| throughout 2009. Also, customers are using ZaReasonâs UntangleBox as a
| server, notes Malmrose.
`----

http://www.workswithu.com/2009/04/18/zareason-readies-ubuntu-904-pcs-servers/

ZaReason: An Amazing Attack of Linux Cluefulness

,----[ Quote ]
| Genuine cluefulness in any business is a rare pleasure, and that is why I
| like ZaReason so much. ZaReason sells Linux boxes: desktop, server, netbook,
| and pretty much whatever you want, just ask. I first "met" Cathy Malmrose,
| the CEO of ZaReason, on the Linuxchix mailing lists, but her business didn't
| really grab my attention until I heard about their Ubuntu keyboard.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/6679/1/

Review: ZaReason Makes Desktop Linux A Breeze

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.workswithu.com/2008/12/12/review-zareason-makes-desktop-linux-a-breeze/