[News] Intellectual Monopolies Give up to the Internet, Find Back Senselessly

YouTube lifts music video block

,----[ Quote ]
| YouTube has lifted a block on users viewing official music videos after the
| website reached an agreement with songwriters' group PRS for Music.

YouTube and PRS make peace as musicians protest about plans to punish file
sharers

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/sep/03/youtube-prs-deal-file-sharing

RIAA continues to squeeze Tenenbaum, wants injunction

,----[ Quote ]
| After winning a $675,000 judgment against student Joel Tenenbaum, the RIAA is
| also demanding an injunction against him. Seems they aren't amused that he
| appeared on The Pirate Bay's front page, even if he had nothing to do with
| it.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2009/09/riaa-continues-to-squeeze-tenenbaum-wants-injunction.ars

All That Glitters Isn't Gold

,----[ Quote ]
| In March 2009 Cash4Gold filed a lawsuit, eventually obtaining a default
| judgment and injunction against the former employee "publishing any more
| confidential, proprietary information, and any defamatory information on the
| internet."  In July, Cash4Gold contacted Consumerist.com and Complaints
| Board, demanding that they remove the postings referring to the former
| employee's allegations.
`----

http://www.citmedialaw.org/blog/2009/all-glitters-isnt-gold

Recent: