[News] Attacks on BitTorrent Leads to Backlash from Legitimate Business

Interview With a BitTorrent Embracing Record Label

,----[ Quote ]
| The label is comprised of several bands that tour internationally and draw
| comparisons to bands like Cursive, Explosions in the Sky and At the Drive-In.
| The guys at the label pride themselves on Beep! Beep!âs united brand and
| quality of music, as well as the elaborate album artwork that is part of the
| physical releases â two characteristics that they believe separate Beep!
| Beep! from the net labels.
`----

http://freakbits.com/interview-with-a-bittorrent-embracing-record-label-0902

Consumer advocates: Got sued for file sharing? We'll help you.

,----[ Quote ]
| Many recipients of these settlement letters have never even shared any files,
| according to the consumer advocacy group, but merely registered the Internet
| account used for the alleged infringement.
`----

http://www.p2p-blog.com/item-1152.html

How Not To Do Things: Redskins Suing Over 100 Fans

,----[ Quote ]
| We've been talking about ways that individuals and organizations can better
| connect with fans... while also highlighting examples of what not to do, so
| it should come as little surprise that many of you sent over the news that
| the Washington Redskins have sued well over 100 season ticket holders, after
| those fans faced financial hardship and were unable to pay up for new season
| tickets, despite having signed long-term contracts at some point. The article
| is long and detailed, and reading through the examples, the Redskins
| management appears about as heartless as can be. The Redskins chief lawyer
| tries to come up with excuses on each case, and it just makes the team look
| petty. Even worse, is that he claims that every team does this, but the
| Washington Post found most of the teams they contacted do not, and the few
| that do, only do so in the rarest of circumstances.
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090904/0042326099.shtml

Recent:

ISP Friendly BitTorrent Tracker Doubles Download Speeds

,----[ Quote ]
| A new Open Source BitTorrent tracker set to be released in September promises
| to boost download speeds by up to 150% and decrease the load BitTorrent users
| put on ISP networks by 20 to 50 percent. Based on the widely used OpenTracker
| software, the new BitTorrent tracker aims to overcome many of BitTorrentâs
| current limitations.
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/isp-friendly-bittorrent-tracker-doubles-download-speeds-090823/

EU Invests $22 Million in Next-Generation BitTorrent Client

,----[ Quote ]
| A few weeks ago we reported that the EU Greens launched a pro-filesharing
| campaign named âI Wouldnât Stealâ. In a continued effort to support the
| development of P2P technology, the European Union has now invested $22
| million in the development of an open-source BitTorrent client.
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/eu-invests-22-million-in-next-generation-bittorrent-client/

SXSW 2009 on BitTorrent: 6 GB of Free Music

,----[ Quote ]
| The South by Southwest (SXSW) music festival is one of the largest and most
| popular in the United States. For the fifth year in a row, SXSW has released
| a DRM-free, RIAA-safe collection of songs totaling 6 GB, which can all be
| downloaded for free, thanks to BitTorrent.
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/sxsw-2009-on-bittorrent-6-gb-of-free-music-090312/

BBC Gets Ready for BitTorrent Distribution

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://torrentfreak.com/bbc-gets-ready-for-bittorrent-distribution-090409/