[News] [Rival] Microsoft Uses Teachers to Get Children Addicted/Locked in to Microsoft

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Uses Teachers to Get Children Addicted/Locked in to Microsoft
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 00:37:03 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft Launches Tools For Teachers

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's Education Labs launched a new project this afternoon and it's
| better on trees and the environment. The group just announced a new Math
| Worksheet Generator where teachers can generate math problems and email them
| in paperless Word format to their students. In addition to Math Worksheet
| Generator, the group also announced plans for two additional projects to be
| released in the Fall.
`----

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/microsoft_education_labs_launches_tools_for_teache.php

Microsoft Teaches Pupils About Lock-in

,----[ Quote ]
| Hard-pressed teachers will love this - and won't even notice that they are
| being turned into a vector for lock-in to Word (not that they aren't
| already). I predict we'll be seeing much more of this content-driven
| approach, whereby Microsoft makes people offers they can't refuse...provide
| they take King Billy's shilling.
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2009/09/microsoft-teaches-pupils-about-lock-in.html

âTheyâll get sort of addicted, and then weâll somehow figure out how to collect
sometime in the next decade.â

                --Bill Gates

_____