[News] [Rival] Bartzmer's Wedding with Ballmer Blows Up in Her face, Microsoft's Henchman Moves on (Job Done)

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Bartzmer's Wedding with Ballmer Blows Up in Her face, Microsoft's Henchman Moves on (Job Done)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 00:43:04 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Angry Yahoo CEO memo leaks, Icahn selling

,----[ Quote ]
| An unhappy memo from Yahoo Inc. CEO Carol Bartz was published Tuesday, a day
| after investor Carl Icahn revealed he recently sold about 13 million shares
| in the company.
|
| The Bartz memo published in Dow Jones All Things Digital blog urges employees
| at the Sunnyvale company (NASDAQ:YHOO) to get back to work and stop debating
| the merits of her recent search deal with Microsoft Corp.
|
| In it she tells employees to "get out of the sugar low - we have work to do.
| Stop staring at our navels, stop arguing with each other. Stop debate,
| debate, debate, and let's focus on the competition."
`----

http://www.bizjournals.com/albuquerque/stories/2009/08/31/daily15.html

The monster moves away now......

Icahn Reduces Yahoo! Stake
http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/020672.html

Icahn Trims Yahoo Stake, Voices Support For Bartz
http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/djf500/200908311957DOWJONESDJONLINE000356_FORTUNE5.htm

Angry Yahoo CEO memo leaks, Icahn selling
http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/stories/2009/08/31/daily29.html

Icahn pares Yahoo stake by 12.7 million shares
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/icahn-pares-yahoo-stake-by-127-million-shares-2009-08-31

Yahoo board member Icahn trims stake
http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv/idUSTRE57U69L20090831

Icahn lowers stake in Yahoo
http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2009/09/01/icahn-microsoft-yahoo-stake.html

Icahn cuts stake in Yahoo!
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jJWLBO2-NgKYe7YeKLtVJk24t3oA

Icahn Reduces Yahoo! Stake
http://www.thestreet.com/story/10592813/1/icahn-reduces-yahoo-stake.html?cm_ven=GOOGLEFI

Recent:

Icahn Says Yahoo Should Do Search Deal With Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Billionaire investor and Yahoo Inc. (YHOO) board member Carl Icahn on Monday
| reiterated his position that the Internet giant should consider striking a
| search agreement with rival Microsoft Corp. (MSFT).
`----

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/djf500/200811031831DOWJONESDJONLINE000597_FORTUNE5.htm

What Is the Next Step in the Microsoft-Yahoo âMonkey Danceâ?

,----[ Quote ]
| Perhaps its most surprising decision was to openly ally itself with Carl
| Icahn. Some M&A lawyers believe that by joining forces with the graying
| raider, Microsoft may have exposed itself to SEC proxy solicitation rules
| that require participants in a proxy fight to disclose their involvement.
|
| While a potential violation on Microsoftâs part may be academic now that the
| proxy fight is over, the episode underscores the uncomfortable position
| Microsoft put itself in through its Icahn affiliation.
|
| [...]
|
| Such statements could be construed as tacit endorsements of Icahnâs cause or
| even solicitation material and may have violated the SECâs rules, legal
| experts say. The remedy for such violations is greater disclosure, in which a
| party must typically file lots of paperwork with the SEC. âItâs a clear
| violation,â says Antony Page, a law professor at Indiana University who
| specializes in M&A. âThe courts interpret solicitation broadly.â The SEC
| declined to comment on whether it is looking into the matter.
`----

http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2008/07/22/whats-the-next-step-in-the-microsoft-yahoo-monkey-dance/

Related:

Icahn Considering Merits Of Yahoo, Google Pact

,----[ Quote ]
| "While the Google deal is not the same as an offer of $34.375 per share for
| Yahoo, I am continuing to study it, and it might have some merit," Icahn said
| in the report. "I continue to be extremely disappointed with the Yahoo
| management, but the Google deal might have some merit and seems to be better
| then the alternative deal proposed by Microsoft."
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2008/06/16/icahn-considering-merits-of-yahoo-google-pact

Yahoo Investor Urges Deal with Icahn

,----[ Quote ]
| Jackson said his move was aimed at major Yahoo shareholders, including
| Capital Research, Legg Mason and Vanguard, as well as proxy advisory firms
| like RiskMetrics and Glass Lewis.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,147117-pg,1/article.html

Yahoo: Icahn âManipulates The Factsâ

,----[ Quote ]
| The company also says it is âpatently untrueâ that the company turned down an
| offer of $40 a share from Microsoft and sabotaged the later offer of $33. The
| letter contends that Yahooâs board âhas at all times been focused on
| maximizing shareholder value.â
`----

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2008/06/05/yahoo-ichan-manipulates-the-facts/?mod=googlenews_barrons
http://tinyurl.com/64nvv5

Microsoft cops to talking with Icahn on Yahoo

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2008/06/microsoft-talki.html