[News] Weekly Ubuntu News and Yet Another Promising Derivative

  • Subject: [News] Weekly Ubuntu News and Yet Another Promising Derivative
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 23:16:55 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue158

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue #158 for the week August 30th
| - September 5th, 2009. In this issue we cover: Karmic Koala Alpha 5
| released, New Ubuntu TechBoard for 2009, Jono Bacon: Three Years At
| Canonical, Canonical adds Advanced Ubuntu Service and Support, Ubuntu Stats,
| Ubuntu LoCo News, Karmic gets another cloud tool: Tahoe-LAFS, Ubuntu Forums
| Tutorial of the week & Report Abuse Icon, Ubuntu Developer Week Summaries,
| Help Fill in the Ubuntu IRC channels, Ubuntu Podcast Quickie #11, Ubuntu-UK
| podcast: The Android Invasion, and much, much more!
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue158

Taking a look at xPUD 0.9

,----[ Quote ]
| xPUD is based on Ubuntu, with ideas borrowed from Damn Small Linux.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20090907#feature

Recent:

xPUD 0.9 released

,----[ Quote ]
| The xPUD developers have announced the release of version 0.9 of xPUD, a
| fast, lightweight, Ubuntu-based Linux distribution with a simple web-based
| user interface. The new release includes several improvements and new
| features, including an updated Wi-Fi and Ethernet network manager.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/xPUD-0-9-released--/news/113486

xPUD 0.9 - A Better Desktop For Your Computer

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://penkia.blogspot.com/2009/06/xpud-09-better-desktop-for-your.html