[News] Ubuntu Family Broken Down and Explained

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu Family Broken Down and Explained
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 23:47:59 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

How do Kubuntu, Xubuntu, and Edubuntu fit in?

,----[ Quote ]
| In addition to the highly popular Ubuntu operating system, Canonical also
| sponsors several âofficialâ derivatives of Ubuntu, aimed at different types of
| hardware, different user preferences, and different use cases.
`----

http://www.linuxloop.com/2009/09/07/how-do-kubuntu-xubuntu-and-edubuntu-fit-in/

Ubuntu tweaking for everyone

,----[ Quote ]
| One great tool power users in the Windows world have long enjoyed is Microsoftâs
| unsupported TweakUI. A range of similar Tweak utilities have followed for
| successive versions of Windows. Ubuntu Linux users have their own little-known
| tool called Ubuntu Tweak to help achieve the same degree of modification.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/27517/1141/

Recent:

100% Pure Synth Heaven : Ubuntu Studio 9.04

http://blog.cbtopsites.com/music/22/100-pure-synth-heaven-ubuntu-studio-9-04/

Linux Mint 7 Review

,----[ Quote ]
`----