[News] London Marathon 2010 Technology to be Free Software-based

  • Subject: [News] London Marathon 2010 Technology to be Free Software-based
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 00:17:01 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

London Marathon 2010: Virgin launches donation site built on open source

,----[ Quote ]
| Virgin has used open source components, including the MySQL database, JBoss
| application server, Apache web server, Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite and
| Talend extract, translate and load database tools, to build a service-oriented
| architecture to take donations on behalf of UK charities.
`----

http://www.computerweekly.com/Articles/2009/09/07/237585/london-marathon-2010-virgin-launches-donation-site-built-on-open.htm

Recent:

D-STAR at the 2007 Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.arrl.org/news/features/2008/03/01/2/?nc=1