[News] Linux: New Desktop Scheduler Coming, File Systems Compared

  • Subject: [News] Linux: New Desktop Scheduler Coming, File Systems Compared
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 00:15:15 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ingo Molnar Tests New BF Scheduler

,----[ Quote ]
| Kernel developer Ingo Molnar has done a benchmark test to compare his Completely
| Fair Scheduler (CFS) with the recently released BFS from Australian Con Kolivas.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/News/Ingo-Molnar-Tests-New-BF-Scheduler

Metadata Performance Exploration Part 2: XFS, JFS, ReiserFS, ext2, and Reiser4

,----[ Quote ]
| More performance: We add five file systems to our previous benchmark results to
| creating a âuberâ article on metadata file system performance. We follow the
| âgoodâ benchmarking guidelines presented in a previous article and examine the
| good, the bad and the interesting.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7518/1.html

Recent:

Metadata Performance of Four Linux File Systems

,----[ Quote ]
| This article isnât so much about benchmarks as a product, but rather it is an
| exploration looking for interesting observations or trends or the lack
| thereof. In particular this article examines the metadata performance of
| several Linux file systems using a specific micro-benchmark. Fundamentally
| this article is really an exploration to understand if there is any metadata
| performance differences between 4 Linux file systems (ext3, ext4, btrfs, and
| nilfs) using a metadata benchmark called fdtree. So now itâs time to eat our
| dog food and do benchmarking with the recommendations previously mentioned.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7497/1.html

Ubuntu 9.10 Alpha 4 Benchmarks

,----[ Quote ]