[News] Putting GNU Linux on Mac Laptops or Desktops Claimed Easy

  • Subject: [News] Putting GNU Linux on Mac Laptops or Desktops Claimed Easy
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 00:14:04 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

How to set up Ubuntu Linux on a Mac -- it's easy and free

,----[ Quote ]
| Why would you want to run Linux on a Mac? There are probably a few good
| reasons -- learning about a different OS, using software that's not
| available on the Mac platform, or for a Linux class in school. While you
| can create a bootable partition on your Mac and boot Linux from it, I
| prefer to do things the lazy way. In this short how-to post, I'll
| demonstrate how I installed Ubuntu Linux 9.04, also known as "Jaunty
| Jackalope."
`----

http://www.tuaw.com/2009/09/07/how-to-set-up-ubuntu-linux-on-a-mac-its-easy-and-free/

Recent:

Can Ubuntu 9.10 Outperform Mac OS X 10.6?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_karmic_leopard&num=1