[News] Eucalyptus Free Software Latched Onto VMware

  • Subject: [News] Eucalyptus Free Software Latched Onto VMware
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 01:09:19 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Eucalyptus Supports VMware Hypervisor

,----[ Quote ]
| Eucalyptus Systems has announced it will support VMware's ESX hypervisor
| and vSphere 4 virtual machine infrastructure as the foundation for a
| private cloud.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/software/server_virtualization/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=219700117

Recent:

How UCSB Grad Students Put Cloud Computing Power into Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud package includes the UCSB-developed Eucalyptus
| cloud-building software -- the first Linux distribution to include a
| do-it-yourself cloud kit. Eucalyptus adds a number of new functions to
| Ubuntu, such as end-user customization, self-service provisioning, legacy
| application support and automated power controls.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Cloud-Computing/How-UCSB-Grad-Students-Put-Cloud-Computing-Power-into-Ubuntu-654425/

Red Hat's Open Source Cloud Forum--Free Online, Top Speakers

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/red-hats-open-source-cloud-forum-free-online-top-speakers