[News] A Look at GIMP 2.8 and More GNU/Linux Graphics Applications

  • Subject: [News] A Look at GIMP 2.8 and More GNU/Linux Graphics Applications
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 23:31:24 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Episode 118: Looking in the Crystal Ball at GIMP 2.8

,----[ Quote ]
| I take my big soft lens polishing cloth out of the cupboard and give my
| crystal ball a good rub. Usually I use it for writing reports about kids,
| but today I look at the upcoming GIMP 2.8.
`----

http://meetthegimp.org/episode-118-looking-in-the-crystal-ball-at-gimp-2-8/

App Updates: ViewNior Gets Cropping Tool

,----[ Quote ]
| A new version of Lightweight image editor ViewNior was released this week,
| adding support for simple cropping of images.
`----

http://d0od.blogspot.com/2009/09/new-version-of-lightweight-image-editor.html

Recent:

GIMP Project One Step Closer to Next Release

,----[ Quote ]
| The open source image manipulation program, GIMP, released an unstable
| development version of its next stable release. Obviously, this isn't a
| version you'll want if you need a reliable app that won't interfere with your
| workflow. If, however, you want to peek under the hood to see what's coming,
| then grab this download and have a look.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/gimp-project-one-step-closer-to-next-release

First Ever Web Design Using The Gimp!

,----[ Quote ]