[News] Lists of Applications for GNU/Linux, Plugins, and Tips

  • Subject: [News] Lists of Applications for GNU/Linux, Plugins, and Tips
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 00:29:20 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Four Open Source Blogging Clients for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| As part of our continuing series on open source blogging tools, today we're
| going to take a look at some standalone blogging clients for Linux users. If you
| want an app that's been designed specifically for your desktop of choice then be
| sure to check out posts from earlier this week that cover GNOME and KDE blogging
| tools.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/four-open-source-blogging-clients-for-linux

GNU/Linux Software I Use Regularly

,----[ Quote ]
| I recently received an e-mail from a friend that has started using Ubuntu. He is
| rather new when it comes to running a GNU/Linux desktop and has asked me several
| questions. One of the questions was basically what software do I use and
| recommend. This is a serious question that a lot of new users will probably want
| to know.
`----

http://blog.eracc.com/2009/09/11/gnulinux-software-i-use-regularly/

Tutorial: Seedboxes, BitTorrent and Linux Distros

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the things that many people either don't know how to do, or don't realize
| they should do, is to A) get Linux via bittorrent, and B) seed each iso they
| grab so as to help others not only get their copy, but do so quickly as well.
| For a long time, one of the tricks of the pros to help do this easily and
| conveniently has been the ever venerable seedbox.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/articles/tutorial_seedboxes_bittorrent_and_linux_distros/

Top Five Twitter Plugins for Firefox

,----[ Quote ]
| TwitterFox 5 - stars
| With TwitterFox you will always know what your status, and your friends' status | is on Twitter! The TwitterFox extension adds a small icon to your status bar so | you can easily check for new messages. TwitterFox, having a 5 star rating from
| it's reviewers, and over 2 million downloads, is one amazing extension for
| Twitter!
`----

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2120665/top_five_twitter_plugins_for_firefox_pg1_pg1.html?cat=15

Create a Web-based Photo Gallery in a Jiffy with GMFoto

,----[ Quote ]
| Looking for a quick and easy way to set up a Web-based photo gallery? Consider
| GMFoto. This application lets you create a snazzy Web-based photo album
| literally in a matter of minutes.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Blogs/Productivity-Sauce-Dmitri-s-open-source-blend-of-productive-computing/Create-a-Web-based-Photo-Gallery-in-a-Jiffy-with-GMFoto

Git/Bazaar historical performance comparison revisited

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.faulhammer.org/archiv-mainmenu-31/35-gentoo/304-gitbazaar-historical-performance-comparison-revisited