[News] FSF Adds Kongoni to List of Approves Free (Libre) Distributions

  • Subject: [News] FSF Adds Kongoni to List of Approves Free (Libre) Distributions
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 00:36:12 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

FSF updates list of free GNU/Linux distributions, adding Kongoni and announcing the Trisquel 3.0 release

,----[ Quote ]
| Kongoni, named after the Shona word for "gnu," is based in Africa. For optimal
| performance with minimal bandwidth requirements, it uses a packaging system called
| "ports" that downloads programs as source and builds them automatically.
`----

http://www.fsf.org/news/free-distributions-updates-kongoni-trisquel

Recent:

Kongoni Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| It's pretty, but I'm not sure how much of that is the work of the maintainers
| and how much of it is owed to KDE 4. Their differentiating features, PIG and
| KISS, are less than impressive to a casual user.
`----

http://www.techiemoe.com/tech/kongoni.htm

Kongoni GNU/Linux 1.12.2 alpha released

,----[ Quote ]