[News] Possible Plans for Ubuntu 10.x, Review of 9.10 Alpha

  • Subject: [News] Possible Plans for Ubuntu 10.x, Review of 9.10 Alpha
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 20:57:21 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Creature comforts for Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| The upcoming version 9.10 of the popular Linux distribution Ubuntu, code-
| named "Karmic Koala", is is approaching its October release. As part of the
| community dialogue over what should be in the next version, "Lifehacker", a
| website about getting things done, has come up with a wish list for the free
| operating system, and Ubuntu has responded.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/Creature-comforts-for-Ubuntu--/news/114223

Testing with Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) Alpha 5: Icicle XLR Adapter now Working.

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu is in heavy testing for its next release, code named Karmic Koala, or
| version 9.10.  It is currently in Alpha 5, and it looks very promising
| already.  There is a huge focus on reducing the boot times of Ubuntu for
| Karmic.  Jono Bacon, Ubuntuâs Community Manager has recently posted some
| interesting tidbits about other things coming to Ubuntu in this 9.10
| releaseâ
|
| [...]
|
| Look for Ubuntu 9.10, otherwise known as the Karmic Koala, sometime in
| October. Alpha 6 is due sometime next week, and the the Beta should be in
| early October.  If you are adventurous, you can download Alpha 5 now and
| begin testing yourself. But I must warn that as it is an unstable alpha,
| things can break and things may drastically change on a daily basis;  I
| would not load this on a  machine you depend on.
`----

http://www.geardiary.com/2009/09/12/testing-with-ubuntu-9-10-karmic-koala-alpha-5-icicle-xlr-adapter-now-working/

Ubuntu Gaming made easy with PlayDeb

http://www.unixmen.com/linux-tutorials/372-ubuntu-gaming-made-easy-with-playdeb