Re: [News] Review of moonOS 3, Ubuntu GNU/Linux Derivative

____/ JeffM on Monday 14 Sep 2009 23:49 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>http://blog.jjtcomputing.co.uk/2009/09/11/moonos-3-0/
>> MoonOS 3.0
>>|[...]The custom MoonOS tools take a lot from Linux Mint
>>
> (Re: Roy's Subject line:)
> :it struck me that it is more Linux Mint based than Ubuntu
> :
> That's how it sounds to me as well.
>
> :MoonOS is an Ubuntu based distribution
> :that uses the Enlightenment desktop environment
> :(there is also an LXDE version)
> :
> From what I gather, the LXDE spin is the 2.0 version.
> It's not clear from anything I've read
> when there will be another LXDE release--or *if* there will be one.
> .
> .
>>http://desktoplinuxreviews.com/2009/09/10/moonos-3-linux-makara/
>>
> The content wasn't too bad,
> but I really find that bunch of greedy bastards obnoxious.
> A modest article spread across FIVE pages.  8-|
>
> That they put all of the comments on every page
> (the same comments on all 5 pages) is pretty stupid as well.

Paging is especially silly because it emulates the unfortunate limitations of
paper.

>> moonOS 3 Linux (Makara)
>>|It was necessary for me to switch to Parallels
>>|and install moonOS 3 again in order to login.
>>
> ISTM that this distro is aimed at low-horsepower boxes.
> It would seem to be apt to install it on such a computer,
> but I haven't seen anybody chronicle that yet.
> Knowing what the **minimum** system requirements are
> would be useful.

Apr 13 11:05:20 apollo13 fsck[392http://Schestowitz.com  |  Open Prospects   |
PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
Tasks: 140 total,   1 running, 139 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie