[News] List of GNU/Linux Top Applications for Children, Flash Cards

  • Subject: [News] List of GNU/Linux Top Applications for Children, Flash Cards
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 11:33:11 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

4 Linux Applications To Keep Your Kids Ahead of the Game

,----[ Quote ]
| Kanagram mixes up the letters of a word, creating an anagram. You
| have to guess what the mixed up word is. Kanagram is a great
| childrenâs Linux program that features several built-in word lists,
| hints, and a cheat feature which reveals the original word.
| Kanagram also has a vocabulary editor, so you can make the game be
| as hard as you want it to be.
`----

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/4-childrens-linux-applications-to-keep-your-kids-ahead-of-the-game/

Five Open Source Flash Card Apps to Make Rote Learning Easier

,----[ Quote ]
| Chances are, when you've needed to learn something by rote
| memorization you've turned to flash cards (multiplication tables,
| anyone?). There are plenty of ways to learn things that require
| instant recall but few are as effective as flash cards. The next
| time you need to memorize a bunch of facts, give one of these
| desktop and mobile open source flash cards applications a try.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/five-open-source-flash-card-apps-to-make-rote-learning-easier

Recent:

Install Educational Suite for Children aged 2 to 10 : GCompris in Ubuntu /
Debian Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| GCompris is a excellent educational software suite for children aged 2 to 10.
| Most of the activities are game orientated educational. GCompris offers more
| than 100 activities in differentclassifications like classified into
| mathematics, puzzles, computer discovery, amusement activities,strategy
| games, experimental activities and reading activities. Gcompris is available
| in more than 40 Languages.
`----

http://shibuvarkala.blogspot.com/2009/07/educational-suite-for-children-aged-2.html

Free Software in Education