[News] Nokia's Linux Tablet Tried to Build Bigger Community

  • Subject: [News] Nokia's Linux Tablet Tried to Build Bigger Community
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 11:59:06 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Nokia launches N900 hack fest!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Nokia N900 net tabletâs hardware is impressive enough, but its
| real selling point is the all new, multitasking Maemo 5 operating
| system. Espooâs proud of what it can do, and to show it off, itâs
| launching its very own, Nokia endorsed hacking competition for crafty
| coders. Want to get involved? Keep reading to find out how.
`----

http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2009/09/14/nokia-launches-n900-hack-fest/

Recent:

Hands on with the Nokia N900 and Maemo 5

,----[ Quote ]
| Qt will become the API across Nokia devices, which means developers might
| actually start writing applications for them. Qt is much easier for quick and
| dirty applications, and proven for heavyweights such as Google Earth, Opera
| and Skype, where high performance is a necessity.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/09/02/nokia_n900_maemo5/

Nokia bolsters phone lineup, prices laptop at $820

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssComputerHardware/idUSL248097020090902

Nokia World 09 brings new smartphones, netbooks

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/communications/0,1000000085,39736291,00.htm

Nokiaâs Free Software bullshit and insults in Maemo

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blog.1407.org/2009/09/01/nokias-free-software-bullshit-and-insults-in-maemo/