[News] [Rival] Ballmer Dances on Stage as Company Falls to Pieces, Staff Angered

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Ballmer Dances on Stage as Company Falls to Pieces, Staff Angered
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 12:29:46 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Video: Ballmer's wild entrance at Microsoft's company meeting

,----[ Quote ]
| Is Steve Ballmer admirably enthusiastic, or is his cheerleading too much
| following the company's unprecedented layoffs and cutbacks?
|
| [...]
|
| This particular video doesn't show the  iPhone incident -- we're still hoping to
| get our hands on a video clip of that -- but it does provide a sense for the
| tone leading up to that now-infamous encounter.
`----

http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2009/09/video_ballmers_big_entrance_at_microsofts_company_meeting.html?ana=from_rss

comments:

"As a long time ex-MSer, I have to say this used to be energizing but became
embarassing some years ago. It's particularly inappropriate this year with the
company's bad financial performance and the 5,000 layoffs already and likely more
to come."

"The fact the video is NOT available RIGHT NOW on YouTube says
volumes about the current state of employee anxiety. Such lockstep, fearful behavior
among the ranks does not bode well for the future of the company."

Recent:

CE-Oh no he didn't! Part LXII: Steve Ballmer publicly ridicules Microsoft
employee with iPhone, threatens to smash it

,----[ Quote ]
| Not every man was born with common sense. And anyone who's ever seen
| Steve Ballmer take a stage knows that you don't want to get in the way
| of the emotionally-charged big man when the curtain opens. So we're not
| terribly surprised to learn that Steve grabbed an iPhone he saw during
| his big entrance to a private Microsoft company meeting held at
| Seattle's Safeco Field. Apparently, the hapless employee (allegedly from
| the Windows group) was trying to snap a photo of his boss when Ballmer
| grabbed the device and made some "funny comments" met by boos and jeers
| from Microsoft's employees. Steve then set it on the ground and
| pretended to stomp on it before walking away -- later teasing the
| employee during his presentation by noting that he hadn't forgotten him.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/11/ce-oh-no-he-didnt-part-lxii-steve-ballmer-publicly-ridicules/

Related:

Steve Ballmer - the webdeveloper monkey at MIX08

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yny7wAUN5uY