[News] More RPGs Come to GNU/Linux, Surprising Reception

  • Subject: [News] More RPGs Come to GNU/Linux, Surprising Reception
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 21:42:27 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Free RPG Editor is Open Source, Runs on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| RPG programmers who are looking to escape the limitations and
| fees associated with IBM's flagship RPG editor, Rational
| Developer for i (RDi), now have another option with RPG Next
| Gen, a free and open source RPG editor that is based on Eclipse
| and runs under Linux. Created by Mihael Schmidt of Germany, the
| RPG Next Gen project is still fairly young, but it shows promise
| as a lightweight and easy-to-use source code editor.
`----

http://www.itjungle.com/fhs/fhs091509-story01.html

Rage and other Tech5 games might be Linux-friendly

,----[ Quote ]
| id's idTech game engine has a long history of running well on
| Linux-based machines. Games such as Quake were one of the very
| few really big PC titles that found themselves installed on all
| the many flavors of Linux out there.
`----

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/11766-rage-and-other-tech5-games-might-be-linux-friendly-/

Linux users show their love for indie game

,----[ Quote ]
| As you can see Linux is way up there, which is quite a surprise
| to say the least. For every 232 Linux visitors I get on my
| website, one of them buys my game. If you compare that to
| windows users, I need 526 of them to get a sale. For Mac OS X
| itâs 256. So who would have thought that Linux users are the
| most eager to buy an indie game? Certainly not me.
`----

http://www.koonsolo.com/news/?p=33

So Windows users are the 'freetards', GNU/Linux users are generous.

Recent:

LGP History pt 1: How LGP came to be

,----[ Quote ]
`----