[News] Free Software for Sound & MIDI, Puzzle Collections, and Conky Tips

  • Subject: [News] Free Software for Sound & MIDI, Puzzle Collections, and Conky Tips
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 10:59:13 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Surfing The Forge: Sound & MIDI Projects On SourceForge

,----[ Quote ]
| When I began collecting links for the Linux Sound & Music
| Applications pages I frequented a variety of announcement
| and news services. Some of those services are no longer with
| us, some have been superceded by more comprehensive and
| modern channels, and a few have remained as primary sources
| for new and updated Linux audio software. SourceForge is one
| of those long-lived services that have remained relevant to
| my searches for new and interesting sound and music
| applications, so I decided to surf the Forge to find recent
| and maybe some not-so-recent developments in the world of
| Linux audio.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/surfing-forge-sound-midi-projects-sourceforge

Game Review: Simon Tatham's Portable Puzzle Collection

,----[ Quote ]
| While I'm usually happy blasting away demons in a FPS or
| pushing a necromancer with skeleton escorts to conquer yet
| another level-grinding dungeon, sometimes I just want to get
| back to the basics.
`----

http://penguinpetes.com/b2evo/index.php?title=game_review_simon_tatham_s_portable_puzz&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

15 "Really" Awesome Conky Configurations

,----[ Quote ]
| After showing you how to install and configure conky, and
| then gave you the idea that you can display Twitter statuses
| on it, it's time for me to share to you some of the most
| highly-customized, unique, and awe-inspiring conky
| configurations. Take note that you can easily download and
| install the included conky scripts, but be sure to follow
| the setup instructions.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2009/09/15-really-awesome-conky-configurations.html

Recent:

Hercules releases GPL MIDI drivers for Linux & Mixxx 1.6.1+Herc is released.

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://mixxxblog.blogspot.com/2009/02/hercules-releases-gpl-midi-drivers-for.html