[News] Google's Patry Attacks Attacks Existing Copyright Law in New Book

  • Subject: [News] Google's Patry Attacks Attacks Existing Copyright Law in New Book
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:45:24 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Patry's MORAL PANICS AND THE COPYRIGHT WARS: elegant, calm, reasonable history of the copyfight

,----[ Quote ]
| Few people are as qualified to write a book about the copyright
| wars as William Patry: former copyright counsel to the US House
| of Reps, advisor the Register of Copyrights, Senior Copyright
| Counsel for Google, and author of the seven-volume Patry on
| Copyright, widely held to be the single most authoritative work
| on US copyright ever written.
`----

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/09/14/patrys-moral-panics.html

Werewolf - Release Canceled Due to Music?

,----[ Quote ]
| Editorial: It's a shame that two songs can wreck an entire
| project, but at the same time it's good to see Shout!
| sticking to their guns. Releasing a hacked up set would only
| anger fans of the show and blame would be focused at Shout!
| Factory. Now the blame will be upon the companies/bands that
| own the impossible-to-license songs for their inability to
| work things out. It's just sad that fans won't be able to
| enjoy the show on DVD, and Shout! Factory is likely out time
| and money they spent working on this release.
`----

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Werewolf-Release-Canceled/12670

Recent:

Interview With William Patry: Understanding How The Copyright Debate Got
Twisted

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090823/1538545965.shtml