[News] GNU/Linux (Ubuntu) Linux 2D Graphics Design, Encryption Benchmarks

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux (Ubuntu) Linux 2D Graphics Design, Encryption Benchmarks
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 22:52:41 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

5 Exciting 2D Graphics Design tools for Ubuntu Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu linux is rich with exciting graphics utilities, Here
| you can see simple but very useful 2D Graphics Design tools
| for Ubuntu Linux. Yes welcome to the fantastic world of
| ubuntu graphics.
`----

http://shibuvarkala.blogspot.com/2008/10/2d-graphics-design-tools-for-ubuntu.html

Ubuntu 9.10 Home Encryption Performance

,----[ Quote ]
| There is certainly a performance cost to having the home
| directory encrypted along with the SWAP partition, as you can
| see from these results. Though a normal user not running disk
| benchmarks all day will not notice as severe of a change,
| depending upon the task it may be apparent. Is encrypting the
| data on your netbook worth it? Well, yours truly will not
| even travel without a netbook that has a fully encrypted disk
| running Ubuntu. What we had not compared in this article was
| how the home encryption performance change compared to Ubuntu
| 9.04 (without an encrypted SWAP and with an EXT3 file-system)
| or how it compares on Ubuntu 9.04 to a disk with a fully
| encrypted LVM, but we may have those results in a future
| article.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_910_encryption&num=1

Recent:

GIMP Project One Step Closer to Next Release

,----[ Quote ]
| The open source image manipulation program, GIMP, released an unstable
| development version of its next stable release. Obviously, this isn't a
| version you'll want if you need a reliable app that won't interfere with your
| workflow. If, however, you want to peek under the hood to see what's coming,
| then grab this download and have a look.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/gimp-project-one-step-closer-to-next-release

First Ever Web Design Using The Gimp!

,----[ Quote ]