[News] Ubuntu Launchpad Changes, New Resources for Help and Artwork

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu Launchpad Changes, New Resources for Help and Artwork
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 22:56:46 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Launchpad Bug Filing Changes for Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| As a part of the Increase Apport Adoption specification we are
| going to kick off an experiment and redirect all of Ubuntuâs
| /+filebug links in Launchpad to
| https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs. This change
| has been tested on staging.launchpad.net already and will be
| landing shortly on edge.launchpad.net (There will be a
| +filebug?no-redirect if you really really need it).
`----

http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/1908

Ubuntu help: Finding answers fast

,----[ Quote ]
| Just before I finish I will mention a few paper resources:
| The Official Ubuntu Book, of which I am a co-author, or the
| Official Ubuntu Server Book are just two of dozens of books
| about Ubuntu on the market. You can also purchase paper
| copies of the official help at Lulu.com. Hopefully I have
| given you some good information about where to find help.
| Good luck and have fun with Ubuntu.
`----

http://www.itworld.com/open-source/77646/ubuntu-help-finding-answers-fast

Ubuntu Artwork team starts delivering - Four cool themes and two icon sets to start with!

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Artwork team finally starts delivering. Although
| Ubuntu have been the most popular distro for a pretty long
| time now, it really need to put in a lot of work on enhancing
| look and feel. Though a number of high quality third party
| themes are available like the bisigi-project, one thing where
| Ubuntu lacked was the absence of good quality themes by
| default. That is all going to change now.
`----

http://ubuntumanual.org/posts/244/ubuntu-artwork-team-starts-delivering-four-cool-themes-and-two-icon-sets-to-start-with

Recent:

Karmic Koala Artwork

,----[ Quote ]
| Today I also stumbled across the great artwork by Adrien Pilleboue titled
| meditating koala.
`----

http://anotherubuntu.blogspot.com/2009/05/karmic-koala-artwork.html

Karmicâs New Boot & Login Screen

,----[ Quote ]
| The Ubuntu design team have published mock-ups of the proposed Ubuntu 9.10
| Boot and GDM screens.
`----

http://d0od.blogspot.com/2009/08/karmics-new-boot-and-login-screen.html

Artwork Incoming Karmic Boot Demo