[News] Crunchbang Goes for the Sub-notebooks

CrunchEee â the bad-ass netbook Linux for snobs that doesnât give a ratâs ass whether you like it or not.

,----[ Quote ]
| CrunchEee is based on the Ubuntu 8.10 kernel â
| thereâs a new version of CrunchBang, with 9.04 but
| without the Array.org customization for my Eeeâs
| WiFi needs. I tried to install the Array.org
| kernel myself once and it didnât take. I guess Iâm
| still a Linux n00b after allâ Just donât tell
| anyone, okay?
`----

http://acurrie.posterous.com/cruncheee-the-bad-ass-netbook-linux-for-snobsx

Recent:

CrunchBang Linux - Soft, calm and beautiful

,----[ Quote]
| CrunchBang is a very interesting product. It works well. It's fast,
| streamlined and very beautiful, probably one of the better looking distros
| I've ever seen. I don't know why, but the sterile precision, simplicity and
| softness of Openbox, the choice of colors and fonts and the overall blend are
| too hard to resist.
`----

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/crunchbang.html

Distro Review: Crunchbang 9.04.01

,----[ Quote ]
| Conclusions:
| Ease Of Installation & Use: 3/5
| Stability: 4/5
| Speed: 5/5
| Community & Documentation: 4/5
| Features: 4/5
| Overall: 4/5
`----

http://danlynch.org/blog/2009/08/crunchbang/

CrunchBang Linux 9.04 (OpenBox with Ubuntu) Review and Screenshots

,----[ Quote ]
| CrunchBang is a fine distro.  It is very fast, and thanks to OpenBox, full of
| configuration options for the power user. The initial drab desktop can be
| configured to a very graphical environment, or left as-is.
|
| A casual Linux user might be better served to start with a more standard
| distro like Ubuntu or OpenSuse, with all the graphical eye-candy.  CrunchBang
| ainât pretty out of the box, but it surely gets the job done quickly!
|
| If you have an older machine, or are looking for a fast distro with many
| customization options for you to design the desktop of your dreams, then you
| will definitely want to try CrunchBang Linux.
`----

http://techexposures.com/2009/07/crunchbang-linux-9-04-openbox-ubuntu-review/

Back with a CrunchBang #!

,----[ Quote ]
| WHAT happened to the "p-y-e-o-w-w-w"?
|
| I've lost count of the number of times the sci-fi blaster sound that
| CrunchBang Linux makes when it starts up has made me - or someone in the room
| with me - jump.
|
| Now, it makes an equally sci-fi "boop-bleep-bup" sound which is nice, but
| doesn't have the same dramatic effect of making people duck if your speaker
| volume is maxed-out.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2009/07/back-with-crunchbang.html

CrunchBang Linux 9.04.01 Review and Screenshot Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all, I admit I had a lot of fun testing Crunchbang. Although some
| people can find the Openbox Desktop and the grey-black color scheme (the
| window borders are a bit too dark, people may have problems seeing the
| buttons) a bit intimidating, Crunchbangâs main strength is that it does not
| make you watch, but explore.
`----

http://www.internetling.com/2009/07/12/crunchbang-linux-9-04-01-review-and-screenshot-tour/

CrunchBang Linux 8.10.02: A review