[News] New Software Freedom Law Show, Dell Broke the Law Again (Fraud)

  • Subject: [News] New Software Freedom Law Show, Dell Broke the Law Again (Fraud)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 23:30:27 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

The Software Freedom Law Show: Episode 0x16: Documentation
Licensing and the Google Books Settlement Objection and the Google
Books Settlement Objection

,----[ Quote ]
| Karen and Bradley discuss issues surrounding the
| licensing of software documentation, and FSF's
| objection to the Google Books Proposed Settlement.
`----

http://www.softwarefreedom.org/podcast/2009/sep/15/0x16/

Dell Settles New York Fraud Case For $4 Million

,----[ Quote ]
| New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo has
| announced that Dell and its subsidiary, Dell
| Financial Services (DFS), have agreed to pay his
| office $4 million in restitution, penalties and
| costs to settle charges of fraudulent and
| deceptive business practices that scammed
| consumers in the state.
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2009/09/16/dell-settles-new-york-fraud-case-for-4-million

Recent:

Fraud ruling against Dell validates years of gripes

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13554_3-9953318-33.html