Re: [News] Nokia Says 'Fragmentation' in GNU/Linux is a Good Thing

____/ High Plains Thumper on Thursday 17 Sep 2009 00:41 : \____

> Tony Manco wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> Tony Manco on Wednesday:

>>> The trolls will spout out more rubbish if they are fed.
>>
>> Isn't that a good thing? :-P
>
> No, I learned the hard way.  Best thing is to not reply directly.
> It starves them of oxygen.  With no attention, their masters
> sense their lack of effectiveness, they die (receive pink slips
> or non-contract renewal).
>
> [quote]
> In the Mopping Up phase, Evangelism's goal is to put the final
> nail into the competing technology's coffin, and bury it in the
> burning depths of the earth.  Ideally, use of the competing
> technology becomes associated with mental deficiency, as in, "he
> believes in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and OS/2."
>
> Just keep rubbing it in, via the press, analysts, newsgroups,
> whatever. make the complete failure of the competition's
> technology part of the mythology of the computer industry.
>
> We want to place selection pressure on the companies and
> individuals that show a genetic weakness for competitor's
> technologies, to make the industry increasingly resistant to such
> unhealthy strains, over time.
> [/quote]
>
> PDF page 55
> Microsoft Evangelism
> Comes vs. Microsoft court case
>
> http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf

Use the "view filters" in Knode to have a mode that makes all
the troll posts vanish.

- --
		~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Disclaimer: no SCO code used to generate this post
Cpu(s): 22.6%us,  5.0%sy,  0.1%ni, 70.6%id,  1.3%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.4%si,  0.0%st