[News] Software Freedom Day and Atlanta Linux Fest Intersect

  • Subject: [News] Software Freedom Day and Atlanta Linux Fest Intersect
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 23:14:08 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Saturday is 'Software Freedom Day' at Morris County library

,----[ Quote ]
| MG: Don't you have to be an engineer to configure "open
| source" programs, apps and modules?
|
| Bob Murphy: No. Linux, and Ubuntu in particular have
| gotten much easier to install. For many systems, it is
| as easy to install as Windows is, if you were to install
| it yourself. You can of course buy computers from
| vendors like system76 and Dell with Linux installed, if
| you prefer not to get your hands dirty.
|
| Applications like OpenOffice and GIMP are as easy as
| clicking on an icon, are typically included in Linux,
| and on Windows, it's a matter of clicking an icon, and
| installing like any other software.
`----

http://www.nj.com/morristown/index.ssf/2009/09/saturday_is_software_freedom_d.html

Linux love in Atlanta

,----[ Quote ]
| If you think Ubuntu is a just-discovered African tribe,
| mosey on over to Atlanta Linux Fest on Sept. 19.
|
| The day-long event at IBMâs Northside Parkway campus is
| part geekfest, part coming out party for Atlantaâs
| growing Linux community.
`----

http://atlanta.bizjournals.com/atlanta/blog/atlantech/2009/09/linux_gets_love_in_atlanta.html?surround=lfn

Recent:

Preview: Ubuntu Experts At Atlanta Linux Fest

,----[ Quote ]
| Back in 2007, Canonical launched Ubuntu Live â a one-time conference hosted
| in Portland, Ore. Since that time Iâve been looking for another
| Ubuntu-centric conference where I can meet key sources from across the Ubuntu
| ecosystem. Fast forward to September 2009, and I think there might finally be
| a conference that fulfills my Ubuntu educational needs.
`----

http://www.workswithu.com/2009/08/19/preview-ubuntu-experts-at-atlanta-linux-fest/

The Atlanta Linux Fest

http://atlantalinuxfest.org/

Atlanta Linux Fest 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| On Saturday, September 20th, 2008, the Atlanta Linux Fest will be the place
| to learn, discuss, and discover Linux. There will be demos of various
| distributions, as well as an install fest for new users to try out Live CDs
| and get help with Linux installations.
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/10847.html

Related:

Atlanta Linux Fest 2008!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Atlanta Linux Fest is the place to come and learn, discuss, and discover
| your next favorite system!
|
| Atlanta Linux fest will be host to dozens of the top distributions:  Ubuntu,
| Debian, Fedora, OpenSUSE â all on the bleeding edge of innovation.  If you
| are curious about what makes Linux the ultimate operating system, you
| definitely want to attend this event! There will be Live CDs available so you
| can try out the latest releases without installing.
`----

http://jonreagan.wordpress.com/2008/08/20/atlanta-linux-fest-2008/

Atlanta Linux Fest 2008

,----[ Quote ]