[News] Amarok 2.2 Reaches Beta 2, KDE Notifications System Improves

  • Subject: [News] Amarok 2.2 Reaches Beta 2, KDE Notifications System Improves
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 14:08:22 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Amarok 2.2 Beta 2 "Red Dawn" released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Amarok team is pleased to release the second beta
| version of Amarok 2.2. For a list of the most important
| changes and fixes see the changelog below.
|
| As always please help us by testing, reporting bugs,
| sending patches and most importantly by enjoying
| discovering music. Thanks to everyone who already
| helped us this way. We are especially looking for help
| with podcasting support.
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/en/releases/2.2/beta/2

Indicators, notifications and co

,----[ Quote ]
| What is the difference between the âIndicator Displayâ
| plasmoid and the âIncoming Messageâ plasmoid from
| kdeplasma-addons?
| Both plasmoids have the same goal, but the âIncoming
| Messageâ plasmoid tries to implement this goal with
| application-specific code: it has specific code for
| Evolution, KMail, Pidgin, Kopete and XChat.
`----

http://agateau.wordpress.com/2009/09/18/indicators-notifications-and-co/

Recent:

Amarok 2.2 Beta 1 "Crystal Clear" Released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Amarok team is getting ready for the release of Amarok 2.2 and is
proud
| to release the first beta version of Amarok 2.2.
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/09/04/amarok-22-beta-1-crystal-clear-released

How-To: Install Amarok 2.2 Beta 1 from the Kubuntu Beta Backports

,----[ Quote ]
| The first beta of Amarok 2.2, codenamed 'Crystal Clear', was released on
| September 4 and packages are available for Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty from the
| Kubuntu Beta Backports.
`----

http://tuxarena.blogspot.com/2009/09/how-to-install-amarok-22-beta-1-from.html

Amarok 2.2 development, one week in

,----[ Quote ]
| Last Friday, trunk was opened for features and changes intended for Amarok
| 2.2. In the scope of a few hours more than 250 commits had been made as
| people were frantically committing their local git repos.
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/1065-Amarok-2.2-development,-one-week-in.html

Amarok 2.1 Quick(-ish) Review

| So Iâve just installed Amarok 2.1. Configured my collection location easy
| enough, downloaded the alarm script from the scripts library (havenât tried
| it yet) and now I set about making it look how I want. I know exactly how I
| want Amarok 2 to look: Exactly like Amarok 1.4.
`----

http://allenjb.me.uk/amarok-21-quick-ish-review

Amarok 2.1 is out & Installing Amarok 2.1 on Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty

,----[ Quote ]
| Another nice feature introduced is âbookmarkingâ - any track with a length
| greater than 10minutes and Amarok will save the last listened position, so
| when you return to playing the track, it resumes from the last bookmarked
| place. You can also manually bookmark any track btw.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/linux/ubuntu/amarok-21-is-out-installing-amarok-21-on-ubuntu-904-jaunty/

Amarok 2.1 "Let There Be Light" released

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2009/06/03/amarok-21-let-there-be-light-released