[News] Many New Boards Run and/or Target Linux

  • Subject: [News] Many New Boards Run and/or Target Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 14:24:44 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

PowerPC SoC family gains multi-core members

,----[ Quote ]
| Freescale Semiconductor has announced a quad-core "P4040"
| version of its eight-core QorIQ P4080 system-on-chip
| (SoC), aimed at networking, military, and industrial
| applications. The company also announced a new power-
| efficient dual-core "P1022" member of its Linux-ready,
| PowerPC-based QorIQ family.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Freescale-QorIQ-P4040-and-P1022/?kc=rss

Rugged CompactPCI SBC runs Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Aitech Defense Systems has released a rugged 3U single-
| slot CompactPCI single-board computer (SBC). Targeting
| embedded and harsh environment applications, the Linux-
| compatible C800 SBC offers an Intel Core 2 Duo clocked at
| up to 2.2GHz, 8GB of SATA flash, plus dual gigabit
| Ethernet and serial ports, says the company.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Aitech-Defense-Systems-C800/?kc=rss

Pico-ITX board boasts 1080p video

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Via-EpiaP720/?kc=rss

Recent:

Rugged UMPC targets military applications

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Technology-Advancement-Group-TC100/?kc=rss