[News] Ubuntu Looks Great, Gets Boost from Alfresco

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu Looks Great, Gets Boost from Alfresco
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 23:07:18 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Give Ubuntu a facelift with new community themes and icon sets

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Microsoft-windows,8681.html

Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala Alpha 6 Released, Features The New Ubuntu Software Store [Screenshots]

,----[ Quote ]
| This week, the User Interface Freeze for Ubuntu Karmic
| Koala took place meaning no major changes will be made from
| the appearance point of view.
`----

http://webupd8.blogspot.com/2009/09/ubuntu-910-karmic-koala-alpha-6.html

Alfresco Offers Program for Cloud Based Application Development

,----[ Quote ]
| Alfresco on Ubuntu
|
| The Amazon Machine Image (AMI) is for Alfresco 3.2
| Community Edition. It is built on Ubuntu 9.10 Alpha 4,
| leveraging the Alfresco package from the Canonical partner
| repository.
`----

http://www.cmswire.com/cms/web-development/alfresco-offers-program-for-cloud-based-application-development-005549.php

Recent:

Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" Alpha 6 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| If the traditional Ubuntu with GNOME on the desktop is not
| your thing, 9.10 Alpha 6 spins are already available for
| Kubuntu, Ubuntu Server EC2/UEC, Ubuntu ARM, Xubuntu,
| Ubuntu Studio, Mythbuntu, and Edubuntu. More information
| on this release is available from its Ubuntu Testing Page.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzU0MQ

Ubuntu 9.10 Alpha 6 Has Ubuntu Software Store

,----[ Quote ]
| A few minutes ago, the Ubuntu development team
| unleashed the sixth and last alpha version of the
| upcoming Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) operating system,
| due for release in late October this year.
| As usual, we've downloaded a copy of it in order to
| keep you up-to-date with the latest changes in the
| Ubuntu 9.10 development.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ubuntu-9-10-Alpha-6-Has-Ubuntu-Software-Store-121930.shtml

Ubuntu releases last 9.10 Alpha