[News] [Rival] How Gates' Pyramid Scheme Monocoluture Harms Medical Research

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] How Gates' Pyramid Scheme Monocoluture Harms Medical Research
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 00:20:27 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

The Right to Development Criteria, applied to TDR and the Global Fund

,----[ Quote ]
| Earlier this year the Task Force commissioned studies about the R2D,
| including one involving the WHO IGWG process, which was done by Lisa
| Forman, and two other health programs, The Global Fund to Fight AIDS,
| Tuberculosis and Malaria (TGF), and the Special Programme for
| Research and Training in Tropical Diseases (TDR). I was the
| investigator for the TGF and TDR studies. The citation for my report
| is as follows:
|
|     The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, the
|     Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases
|     and the right to development. Prepared for the UN Human Rights
|     Council, Working Group on the Right to Development, High Level
|     Task Force on the implementation of the right to development.
|     A/HRC/12/WG.2/TF/CRP.4/Rev.1. 2009 June 18.
`----

http://keionline.org/r2d-tdr-tgf

Recent:

Gates Foundation Sells Off Most Health-Care, Pharmaceutical Holdings

,----[ Quote ]
| The foundation also sold millions of shares in major drug makers, including
| 14.9 million shares in Schering-Plough Corp., almost 1 million shares in Eli
| Lilly & Co., 8.1 million shares in Merck & Co. and 3.7 million shares in
| Wyeth, over the same time period. The foundation no longer holds shares in
| any of those companies.
|
| Among the other health and life sciences-related investments the foundation
| liquidated are Allos Therapeutics Inc., InterMune Inc., Auxilium
| Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc.
`----

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125029373754433433.html

Related:

Dark cloud over good works of Gates Found

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-gatesx07jan07,0,6827615.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Gates Foundation Revokes Pledge to Review Portfolio

,----[ Quote ]
| ...the Gates Foundation took down their public statement on this
| and replaced it with a significantly altered version which seems to
| say that investing responsibly would just be too complex for them
| and that they need to focus on their core mission: 'There are
| dozens of factors that could be considered, almost all of which
| are outside the foundation's areas of expertise. The issues
| involved are quite complex...
`----

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/01/12/1756212&from=rss

Gates Foundationâs Influence Criticized

,----[ Quote ]
| The chief of malaria for the World Health Organization has complained that
| the growing dominance of malaria research by the Bill and Melinda Gates
| Foundation risks stifling a diversity of views among scientists and wiping
| out the world health agencyâs policy-making function.
`----

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/16/science/16malaria.html?_r=2&hp&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation- Truth Revealed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttq0IdULfjg

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation- Truth Revealed Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVlnqnMHQ1c