[News] Business Around FOSS Expands - Heaps of New Evidence

  • Subject: [News] Business Around FOSS Expands - Heaps of New Evidence
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 08:56:03 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Sourcesense and Go2Group Announce New Partnership on Innovative Open Source Solutions and Services

,----[ Quote ]
| Sourcesense, the European provider of open source solutions
| and The Go To Group, Inc. (Go2Group), a leader in the field
| of Software Production Line Automation (SPLA), today
| announced a broad technological partnership to extend
| middleware alternatives into the software development
| environment. With the combination of Sourcesense's open
| source expertise and Go2Group's best-practice services, the
| partnership aims to bring the power and value of open source
| solutions to customers looking for an option to today's
| traditional enterprise solutions.
`----

http://www.pr.com/press-release/178962

Treading on the toes of open source

,----[ Quote ]
| And I added a quote from a very respected source, Freeform
| Dynamics director Dale Vile: âThe fanatics and evangelists
| that push Linux in your face as the answer to everything
| actually put normal IT professionals off considering itâ.
`----

http://editor.computing.co.uk/2009/09/treading-on-the-toes-of-open-source.html

Veda Informatics Launches Open-Source-Developers.com

,----[ Quote ]
| Veda Informatics have launched open-source-developers.com,
| to offer website development services using open source
| technologies. It is to be focused on the needs of
| individuals and small businesses.
`----

http://www.newswiretoday.com/news/57407/

Rapid-I supports first Open Source Golf Masters

,----[ Quote ]
| The American database manufacturer Ingres was therefore well
| aware when it chose a golf tournament with the aim of
| bringing decision-makers and senior management from IT and
| business together in a relaxed atmosphere near the Main
| metropolis of Frankfurt. The managing director of Ingres
| Germany, Bertram Mandel, said in the business news of
| finanzinform.de: âOpen source left the stage of experimental
| student life a long time ago. Open source software has
| arrived in the companyâ
`----

http://www.prlog.org/10345449-rapidi-supports-first-open-source-golf-masters.html

Restructuring at Open Source Data Mining Spezialist Rapid-I

http://www.openpr.com/news/97299/Restructuring-at-Open-Source-Data-Mining-Spezialist-Rapid-I.html

Who Is Using Open Source Business Intelligence, and Why

,----[ Quote ]
| Ann All spoke with Mark Madsen, founder and president of
| Third Nature, a research and consulting company specializing
| in business intelligence and information delivery and the
| technology infrastructure required to support them. He
| authored a recent study of open source adoption in the
| business intelligence and data warehousing markets.
`----

http://www.itbusinessedge.com/cm/community/features/interviews/blog/who-is-using-open-source-business-intelligence-and-why/?cs=35889

Oracle, SAP projects present opportunity for open source middleware vendors

,----[ Quote ]
| There's still time to insert open source into an SAP and
| Oracle projects. Go forth and prosper! Or at least use the
| open source product for better overall prices from SAP and
| Oracle.
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/d/open-source/oracle-sap-projects-present-opportunity-open-source-middleware-vendors-270

Open Source Development in India: Success of Open Source Software

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source software like Magento, Joomla, ZenCart, Drupal,
| Elgg, phpBB, Typo3, Wordpress, osCommerce, Mambo, X-cart,
| OpenPHPNuke and Sugar CRM are established to develop a
| complete E-commerce website development.
`----

http://www.articlemaniac.com/article/237833/open-source-development-in-india-success-open-source-software.html

Open Source CRM Customers Can Now Use Jigsaw Applications to Create Revenue

,----[ Quote ]
| Jigsaw, a Data as a Service, or âDaaS,â systems provider,
| has launched a new developer program for companies, such as
| open source CRM software provider, SugarCRM, to integrate
| Jigsaw products to benefit both companies and their
| customers.
`----

http://www.tmcnet.com/channels/open-source-crm/articles/64701-open-source-crm-customers-now-use-jigsaw-applications.htm

Nuxeo, OpenLogic Unite for Top-to-Bottom Support of Open Source ECM

,----[ Quote ]
| Open Source Enterprise CMS vendor Nuxeo (news, site) is
| trying to make it easier for anyone interested in using its
| technology stack to bring those dreams to reality â from top
| to bottom.
`----

http://www.cmswire.com/cms/enterprise-cms/nuxeo-openlogic-unite-for-toptobottom-support-of-open-source-ecm-005527.php

Open Source Framework USA

,----[ Quote ]
| A content management system provides the foundation for an
| easy to maintain a website. A key factor in deciding which
| CMS to use should be the customization factor. When I say
| customization factor, I mean the how difficult it is to
| develop custom functionality particular to your project.
| Some CMS systems make this easy while others present more of
| a challenge.
`----

http://www.prurgent.com/2009-09-18/pressrelease55634.htm

Veda Informatics Launches Open Source Developers Website

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.onlineprnews.com/news/6560-1253273415-veda-informatics-launches-open-source-developers-website.html