[News] Standards Evolves on the Web and the desktop (HTML 5 and ODF)

  • Subject: [News] Standards Evolves on the Web and the desktop (HTML 5 and ODF)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 09:15:17 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Why Apple is betting on HTML 5: a web history

,----[ Quote ]
| According to Googleâs Mark Pilgrim, the HTML 5 specification is
| simply a collection of detailed feature implementations that
| browsers can support. In fact, some browsers already support
| features like geolocation, local storage, offline apps, canvas,
| and the new audio and video tags. Appleâs Safari 4 and mobile
| Safari on the iPhone already do.
`----

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2009/09/19/why-apple-is-betting-on-html-5-a-web-history/

Unified ODF Icons

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenOffice.org 3.2 introduces a new set of document icons
| (a.k.a. mime type icons). The new set gives ODF documents a
| clean and unique visual identity, and removes any product or
| vendor specific brand.
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/unified_odf_icons

Recent:

KOffice to be Used in Next Generation Smart Phone

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/353262/