[News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Successfully Carries Away People Away from Windows

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu GNU/Linux Successfully Carries Away People Away from Windows
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 17:51:53 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

- From Windows to Linux - Ubuntu & Me

,----[ Quote ]
| However, all this took some tweaking to accomplish, but
| being so user-friendly, Ubuntu makes it easy. If I have
| a question about how to install a new app, or a plug-in
| -- which I always do -- help is only a few keystrokes
| away. Also, I am easily able to update at any time.
`----

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2190613/from_windows_to_linux_ubuntu_me_pg2.html?cat=15

Atlanta Linux Fest: Top 9 Ubuntu Highlights

,----[ Quote ]
| More than 600 people registered to attend Atlanta Linux
| Fest, which was held Sept. 19. Many of the standing-room-
| only sessions focused on Canonical and Ubuntu. Here are
| nine Ubuntu-oriented highlights from the event.
`----

http://www.workswithu.com/2009/09/20/atlanta-linux-fest-top-9-ubuntu-highlights/

Finally, FBOs on intel

,----[ Quote ]
| Big, big, big thumbs up to the Xorg/Mesa-developer crowd
| and the hackers behind the intel-driver for OpenGL 2.x
| support (especially FBOs and GLSL)! Also big props need
| to go to Bryce Harrington and Alberto Milone for
| integrating this and pulling in all the needed bits and
| bytes into Ubuntu! Itâs one thing to see stuff landing
| on f.d.o git, but only when it reaches âmere mortalsâ in
| the form of repository-updates itâs truly there (read:
| where the end-user âsees and feelsâ it).
`----

http://macslow.net/?p=386

Enable Ubuntu Restricted Extras for Hassle-free Multimedia Playback

http://www.thegeniusfiles.com/enable-ubuntu-restricted-extras-for-hassle-fr?c=1

The Vista family (Vista and Vista 7) drives away users of Windows.

Recent:

60 Thousand Russian Teachers Will Learn Linux by the End of 2009

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://profy.com/2009/08/20/russian-teachers-will-learn-linux-by-2010/