[News] GNU/Linux as a Sub-notebook Operating System: Ubuntu, Fedora Mini

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux as a Sub-notebook Operating System: Ubuntu, Fedora Mini
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 23:13:56 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Alternative Netbook Operating Systems

,----[ Quote ]
| he benefits of using a few of the following
| operating systems include being a part of a community of
| users, regular updates, and running an OS that is
| specifically tailored for a netbookâs performance, battery
| life and smaller screen size.  Installing and running these
| operating systems can be a fun challenge, a great way to
| strengthen your computer skills and help you obtain greater
| productivity from your netbook.
`----

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2009/09/22/alternative-netbook-operating-systems/

What OS is on Your Netbook?

,----[Quote  ]
| Matthew Dillon has a nice summary of netbook operating
| system choices today at Gotta Be Mobile and after reading
| it, I got to wondering what you folks are running on your
| netbooks. Our polls donât allow for multiple choices, so if
| you have a multi-boot system, choose the OS that you use
| the most. And if you have multiple netbooks, base your
| response on your primary netbook.
`----

http://jkontherun.com/2009/09/22/netbook-os-choice/

Fedora Mini: A New Netbook Competitor?

,----[ Quote ]
| For a long time, Ubuntu was the only big-name Linux
| distribution with a specially tailored netbook version.
| That changed recently with the announcement of Fedora Mini,
| which stands poised to compete with Ubuntu Netbook Remix on
| Linux-based netbooks and similar devices.  Here are some
| thoughts on what this development means for Ubuntu and
| Canonicalâs netbook strategy, and Linux netbooks in
| general.
`----

http://www.workswithu.com/2009/09/22/fedora-mini-a-new-netbook-competitor/

Recent:

New Linux Moblin netbooks to be announced at IDF

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2009/092109-new-linux-moblin-netbooks-to.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news