[News] GNU/Linux Version of Bordeaux 1.8 Released; Command Line's Marketing Barriers

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Version of Bordeaux 1.8 Released; Command Line's Marketing Barriers
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 15:39:31 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Bordeaux 1.8.6 for Linux Released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Bordeaux Technology Group released Bordeaux 1.8.6 for
| Linux today. Bordeaux 1.8.6 fixes a critical bug in the
| rpcrt4.dll. If you have had problems with Bordeaux 1.8.x
| not installing a application we recommend you update to
| 1.8.6 and the problem should now be resolved. Bordeaux
| allows Linux users to run many of today's popular windows
| based applications and games on Linux. There has also been
| a couple other small bug fixes and tweaks in this release.
`----

http://www.wine-reviews.net/wine-reviews/bordeaux/bordeaux-186-for-linux-released.html

Showing Linux as a Windows applications-running platform is not too wise and neither is this:

Please Don't Show the Command Line to the Uninitiated

,----[ Quote ]
| Not long ago I had the opportunity to show off GNU/Linux to a
| friend. She's been a lifelong Windows users and is just your
| average, non-technical computer user. She'd heard of this
| thing called "Linux," but had never seen a Linux distro in
| use. So, I gladly booted up my laptop and also the desktop (we
| were at my house, my wife and I having one of our many
| cookouts) and showed her Linux Mint 7 via a live CD and also
| Ubuntu 8.10, which is installed on my family's desktop.
`----

http://www.igneousquill.net/2009/09/please-dont-show-command-line-to.html

Recent:

Bordeaux 1.8.4 for Linux Released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Bordeaux Technology Group released Bordeaux 1.8.4 for Linux
| today. Bordeaux 1.8.4 fixes a critical bug in our wget
| implementation. If you have had problems with Bordeaux 1.8.2 not
| installing a application we recommend you update to 1.8.4 and the
| problem should now be resolved. There has also been a couple
| other small bug fixes and tweaks.
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/11627.html

Bordeaux 1.8.2 for Linux Released