[News] Shapado Takes the Free Software Route to Deliver Great Application

  • Subject: [News] Shapado Takes the Free Software Route to Deliver Great Application
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 16:07:13 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Shapado, a FOSS replacement for stackoverflow

,----[ Quote ]
| For this reason, we are releasing our stackoverflow inspired
| project following the Franklin Street Statement on Freedom and
| Network Services which consists in:
|
| * Using the GNU Affero GPL.
|
| * Developing freely-licensed alternatives to existing popular
| but non-Free network services.
|
| * Developing software that can replace centralized services
| and data storage with distributed software and data
| deployment, giving control back to users.
`----

http://blog.ricodigo.com/2009/09/21/authors/Patrick/shapado-a-foss-replacement-for-stackoverflow

Related:

AGPLv3 Keeps Open Source Vibrant in Age of SaaS

,----[ Quote ]
| For all practical purposes, the AGPLv3 is a key advance for everyone involved
| in open source, regardless of if you are a software developer, Internet end
| user or enterprise end user. The AGPLv3 closes the ASP loophole and keeps the
| freedom of open source software alive, in the age of SaaS and hosted
| applications.
`----

https://fossbazaar.org/?q=content/agplv3-keeps-open-source-vibrant-age-saas

AGPL: Open Source Licensing in a Networked Age

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://redmonk.com/sogrady/2009/04/15/open-source-licensing-in-a-networked-age/